2015/11/17

Introduction: A few of my favourite products.

Hello, I'm Beth one of the owners of Daisy Dames. This is my first post so I'd like to introduce myself I like cat's and drink a lot of tea, and also sketch a lot. I'm hoping to share some of my make up ideas, beauty and skincare regimes with you soon, but for now I'll just leave you with a few of my favourite products for now. Enjoy!

These first 3 items have been used extensively over the past few months, the Toner I used is a Body Shop Vitamin E hydration enriched formula. The reason it's one of my favourites is the fact that it get's any make up residue off easily and leaves your skin feeling clean and refreshed unlike other toners I've used which have left my skin quite dry. the Hydrating formula is hugely important as I have eczema so anything that doesn't react with my skin is an A star for me! Also it smells lovely and is completely animal cruelty free.


The second item is a primer I bought a while ago which I will say is a must when you wear foundation always go with the primer that will minimise the blemishes on your face and also act as a grip making your make up last longer, like I have to go for a green based primer to cancel out the redness. I cannot say what brand this is but I got it from a make up store here in the UK quite cheap called Dazzle.

Now the last Item on this photo is a new foundation which I bought recently, it is honestly the best foundation I have used in a while after hunting for a rather pale yet in budget foundation. It's from Superdrug and is Ivory- Collection and is very kind to my sensitive skin the colour might look rather dark in the glass tube but when used lightly like I do it completely covers all blemishes, and isn't greasy and once dry it's quite matte and last's all day without a need to add anything more to my face. Would recommend for greasy and porous skin. You also only have to use a bit of it due to the pump so I'm hoping this one last's me a while!
                                     
Apologies for the long favourites, I really love the eyeshadow kit by MUA honestly I wouldn't go back to ever using pencil after investing in one of these, my eyebrows have never looked so neat. At first I always thought it'd be hard to fill in your eyebrows with a kit but the first time I found it super easy I love the fact that you get small tweezers and a neat double ended brush with both a small angle brush for the lining a filling, and then on the other side a small brush to use the lighter skin colours for instant precision and lift. The gel admittedly sometimes takes a little bit of the product off your eyebrows but using a finger and the tiniest bit of the gel to tackle stray hairs is probably the best way to do so instead of using one the brushes.

Now the concealer is Fair- Collection which is just a basic and cheap concealer that does it job of covering blemishes and spots not too greasy and very good coverage, and blends in with my natural skin tone rather well and sit's alright on top of foundation.

The nail varnish is a recent gift from Avon it is a gel effect varnish not anything like actual gel nails but the colour is really rich and I do like red quite a bit and it also last's a few days without chipping as long as you aren't doing extensive things such as constantly washing up, if so just top up the small chips and look at your lovely bombshell red glossy nails.


Now to my favourite part I really love lipstick and lip lacquer and these are a few of my favourites from the ones I own which I use quite a lot, as you can see they are all red. I do like red lipstick due to loving the old fashioned pinup/ rockabilly style, the first tube is a tinted chapstick. Great for if you are wanting a less subtle approach to bright red or a tint and also Collection have all different ones they are also scented, I like this one due to it tasting and smelling like strawberry it's good enough to eat. Haha! The next two are tubes of lacquer which are MUA I love the colours as well and the way they sit on your lips I only apply this twice a day when I wear it, and they have a lovely matte finish and great colour! Also when they dry and you get a nice clean shape when applying instead of the typical lipstick bleeding. They don't leave your lips too dry either but I would suggest in the upcoming cold months to apply a little chapstick or vaceline beneath the lacquer.I have quite a few of these now, the lip liner is also really good too along with the matte lipstick which has a screw off bottom to use as a less pigmented version of the lipstick.

So here they are all my favourite products that I have right now hopefully I'll be doing a small haul for christmas, and a few more blog posts will be coming soon as well as some beauty looks! All my products prices range from £1-6 I don't spend a lot of make up I just build my collection up and often only have to top up on a few things every so often. I hope you enjoyed reading this as well as I did writing it, cannot wait to start getting this blog up and running. Take care daisys!

No comments:

Post a Comment